Nightmare! Since September we have changed the fuel filters on all three of our John Deere R6125 tractors on an almost weekly basis. Prior to this, they happily went for the designated 750 hours, now we are lucky to get 50 hours out of them. It is the 4 micron pre filter that is giving us the problems. These are fitted as part of the … Continue reading Running out of fuel filters.
Wheat direct drilled into winter linseed stubble on some of the gravel is just starting to poke through the ground. Even on the more friendly soil, we have had problems in fully closing the slot this time. Normally the John Deere 750A drill would be followed up by the ring rolls, but not this year. We have managed to get 80% of our winter barley … Continue reading Green shoots
The weather forecast was for a much better week. However, apart from a lovely day on Tuesday it failed to deliver. Never the less we have at last been able to make a start. The hybrid winter barley was due to go in the ground in early October, but torrential rain put paid to that. We do have a few fields which are a clay … Continue reading Made a start, but it’s still raining!